I’ve gotten a lot of questions about GimpCam and NetCam recently. To save me feeling like a broken record, here’s a selection of pre-prepared answers …
- Yes I did look like a gimp while wearing it
- No I’m not going to lend it to you to wear to school
- No it doesn’t have X-ray vision
- No I don’t use it to spy on girls in the changing room
- No I’m not going to lend it to you for that purpose!
- No I’m not going to buy a pinhole camera instead (too expensive)
- Yes GimpCam and NetCam have the same internals
- It cost $80 from a dodgy computer store in SE Calgary
- Yes NetCam is housed inside a tupperware container and no I’m not going to integrate it inside the goal post instead
- Yes GimpCam looks stupid and no it can’t fit inside the lip at the top of my helmet
- Yes I am considering allowing goalies to wear GimpCam but I need to find an appropriate way to protect it as its unlikely to survive a puck impact in it’s current form
- No I’m not planning to stream it direct to a projector screen in the warm room
- Last of all, NO! You are not allowed to fire slapshots at my head while I’m wearing GimpCam!